Happy Birthday to Nelson Vincent Ayomitunde

This is a diary that lives in my drafts. I have been compiling series of lessons that life has taught me in these last years of my life. On the 9th of June, I clocked a new age and I have thought to share these things. I may not explain them in full, but I really do hope that you understand what I mean by each when you read.

So, here are the lessons I have chosen as excerpts from my diary.

1. Family is one of the greatest assets you would ever have. Value it. Cherish it. Guide it. Protect it. Love it. Let me say it this way - person no dey get two papa, mama or siblings, so appreciate them while you can. No matter how bad you think they could be, appreciate them at every chance you get.


2. Documentation is important. Document your process.

3. The sweetest stories are the stories of victory.

4. Your team is important. But then, you must know how to sell your vision and story to them. That is what people buy - not your product or features or solution

5. Understand your channel and know what works for you. Then triple down the efforts you put in

6. Test new platforms. Try new things.

7. Money follows attention. Hype is not always good but when you know your skills and are confident, put your face everywhere. Put what you do on every platform.

8. Don't Choke Yourself.

I got a job this year alongside my businesses and ministry and I have learnt not to choke myself with too much work, no matter how fascinating it is. Work will always be work and it can be better managed or easily delegated. Your work and the passion you put into it will remain if you choke yourself and die. At the same time, do not be lazy.

9. You are the solution provider. 

Many clients reached out to me this year and I'm truly grateful for them. But you know, clients could be funny and you have to know that if your client knows how to solve the problem, they wouldn't call you, so don't let them lead the development. You should direct everything while you try to understand them in order to fix it.

10. Break everything into achievable milestones and take them down one after the other. Literally calm down and list things. You should sometimes look at how far you have come and stay grateful while you  try to break down your goals into achievable units. Forget the perfectly curated life captured with I-phone or Samsung cameras because you definitely don't need it. You have a success story. Keep writing because you can only be read if you hit the milestones.

11. Courage is not the ability to fight when the strength is there, but the ability to doggedly fight on when the strength is no longer there.

12. When the drum beat changes, the dance steps change too

13. The same sun which thaws the ice, hardens the clay.

14. The basket will hold water.


15. Price is only an issue in the absence of value

16. Reduce your Eating out

Eating out will keep you poor. It's the honest truth. Don't tell me all that "discipline story"

17. Help and Honour People

I learnt to do this a lot this year. I want to get to a point where I cant remeber when I rendered help. It's not pride, but there are millions of people who need help and how can you remember all?

18. Be sincere with yourself. It will help you a whole lot.

19. You can be classmates but not grace mates. Knowing this early makes you wise and it will put you  in a privileged position